Servings: 6 Prep: 10 min Total: 30 min
The perfect appetizer/snack for anytime and every occasion! Whether for one or for your next gathering, these will soon become the starter that everyone requires you to bring. I find myself making these on a regular basis just because! I recommend using disposable gloves when making these, if you do not have any on hand, just wash your hands thoroughly after handling the jalapenos. Enjoy!
- 6 Whole Jalapenos
- 12 Slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded, may use Jack cheese as a substitution
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400-F. Slice Jalapenos in half, lengthwise. Remove the seeds, membrane, and pith (that’s the hot part!) from the pepper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Cream Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, and Garlic Powder until well blended. Spoon mixture evenly into the shells of the jalapenos.
- Lay Bacon out in a row and sprinkle Freshly Cracked Pepper onto the strips. Press pepper lightly into the bacon with your fingers. Wrap each strip around jalapeno half. You can either tuck in the ends of the bacon to secure or you toothpicks on the ends to secure in place.
- Bake on a sheet pan for 20 minutes. Allow to cool a couple minutes before serving as the cream cheese mixture will be piping hot.