Servings: 4 Prep: 30 min Total: 35 min
A little spice, a little sweet, and a whole lot of deliciousness! This Asian-inspired dish is healthy, fast, and a major crowd-pleaser! Pair with brown rice for a complete meal. This recipe will be one added to your family favorites! Don’t forget your fortune cookies for a little post-dinner fun! Enjoy!
- 3 Scallions, whole
- 3 cups Ice Water
- 4 teaspoon Honey
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 4 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Olive Oil, divided
- 1 teaspoons Kosher Salt, divided
- 1 pound Salmon Filet, skin removed, cut into 4 portions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 3 cups Baby Arugula
- 1 cup Kale, chopped
- 2 cups mixed Purple and Green Cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot, julienne cut
- 1 1/2 cups Radish, thinly sliced (optional)
- Trim entire root ends from Scallions. Cut scallions into two-inch lengths. Cut lengthwise into very thin strips. Submerge scallions in the Ice Water and set aside.
- Stir Honey and Sriracha in a small dish to combine. Take 2 teaspoons of the honey-sriracha mixture and transfer it to a large mixing bowl. Add Vinegar, 2 teaspoons of Olive Oil and 1/2 teaspoon Salt to large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt over the Salmon. Sprinkle the Jamaican Jerk seasoning on both sides of the salmon. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add salmon, skinned-side up, and cook until crispy and browned on the bottom (about 4-6 minutes). Flip over and remove skillet from heat and allow to continue cooking with the carry-through heat from the skillet.
- While the salmon continues to cook, prepare the salad: Add Arugula, Kale, Cabbage mix, Carrots, and Radishes (if using) to the large bowl with the vinegar dressing and toss to coat. Divide among four plates.
- To Serve: Top the salad with the salmon. Drizzle with the reserved honey-sriracha mixture. Drain the scallions and top the salmon filet with the scallions.