Serves: 4 Prep: 20 min Total: 1 hr 15 min
When comfort food is also on the healthy side, that’s what we call “winner, winner, chicken dinner”… pun completely intended! There is less hands on time making this dish great for any occasion, whether you are making supper Tuesday evening or hosting guests.
- 4 Chicken Thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, plus 1 teaspoon divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme, Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 3 large Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Shallots, sliced
- 5 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 6-10 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 1 Lemon, sliced, seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 375. Trim any excess fat from Chicken Thighs. Sprinkle all sides of the thighs with 1 teaspoon of Kosher Salt and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Red Wine Vinegar, 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, Dijon Mustard, Chopped Thyme, remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and Black Pepper.
- Grease the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish with remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Cover the bottom of the dish with the thinly, sliced Potatoes. Place the sliced Shallots over the potatoes, and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Lay the chicken thighs, skin-side up, on top of the shallots. Wedge the Garlic Cloves between pieces of chicken. Place Thyme sprigs around sides of dish and around chicken. Whisk the Vinaigrette again and pour it over the chicken, use fingers to spread to ensure chicken is fully coated.
- Bake uncovered for about 50 minutes (the thighs will be well browned and cooked through). Remove and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.